Thursday, May 25, 2006

Diversity...in europe

Mini Tarts
- I finally know how to count the numbers in German, thanks to jus a dictionary.
- Its a holiday this Thursday...think the whole office took Friday off as well. But am not gonna waste one of my 24 day off...(yup its TWENTY FOUR days!!)...moreover i come back to work on a Flyyyday!
- Eric is coming on Flyday from Belgium...yayy...i got myself a Chinese boyfriend to entertain for the weekend!
- A friend of mine asked me where am i now, in Msia or eating german hotdogs? My answer- With german chicks eating my hotdawg! (yeah right...!)



Last weekend, a friend of mine who has suffered the same, seemingly endless wait to finally get a traineeship / job came over to Bonn. Liv, who comes from the land of "cry-athon every single episode" tv series (which my mum absolutely adores!)...in other words Phillippines, had got a traineeship couple of months earlier than me in Paris. Of course with the constant encouragement and the "i understand how you feel, i was there before...but you ll get one soon" speeches...(which worked of course, and i am doing it now to my dear friend at home, Shooks!), its no wonder i gave her the biggest "We´re finally here" hug ever when i finally met her!

And her welcome gang consists of Amit (who also doubled up as her agenda master), lovely Mon (whom i think is the most unGerman girl ever!) and me. It was funny when during a conversation, Mon exclaimed how diverse the group was (not really sure of what she meant), but of cuz us Asians on the table looked rather puzzled. 3 Asians and one German in Bonn...how diverse can that be?!

Anyways as it was a Friday night, always without fail theres a plan. This time, i am happy the venue is right at my place, the bronx of Bonn i call it...where my fellow immigrants all live happily ever after, with or without valid permits...Tannenbusch! Unknown to me...it seems there was a bar at the basement level of my apartment, called Tabu Bar! How cool...although i couldnt locate it at all before this! Luckily, i got this even to attend, so i ll just follow the crowd! Eventually i ll get there.

The event was to commemorate the farewell of some trainees, 2 whom i hardly knew cuz they were always making out in front of me...and one cool polish guy which i wished could stay longer! I thought i connected well with him...even while he was sober! Oh well...

Bar was excellent...drinks were dirt cheap! I mean...1,50euros for a whisky cola! Beer for a buck...and best still...a glass of wine cost you 50 euro freakin cents! I saw this customer paying it myself...himself shocked at the price perhaps! But anyways i prefered my milo ais more than anything...!

Anyhow...weekend was alright, at least i had something to do. Unlike last week where i actually cried *cough cough* when i wished my mum Happy Mums Day! Of cuz she didnt noticed!

Watched DaVincis code...i always thought it would be the Catholics thats publisizing how much the show sucked, but sadly...after 9,50 euros...i came out hugely dissapointed! I guess i completed the cycle..."Oh how con the show was"! Break that code!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey! It's so fun at your side - I love the meeting up after so long part - just like meeting with Edwin when I went to Jakarta.

You didn't like DaVinci Code too?! *shake hands* Totally disappointed!

Anyway, hope you had a blasting time with Eric this weekend!