Thursday, March 08, 2007

To all the ladies....

My life has revolved around many women...they influenced the way i think, they inspire me, they have my utmost respect and i LOVE them! From my beautiful mother, a former beautician who nurtured and brought me up and made me who i am (yes plus skills on taking care of the face!), to my loving grandmother who I missed sooo much and was there for me since the day i was born, to my aunts who also brought me up and whom I love to bits... to my gorgeous cousins from both sides of the family...successful, smart and sexy!

To my bosses and former bosses...I liked working with Women and it was one of the reasons why I got this job in the first place (I was asked how I felt working under a women...I replied enthusiastically..."I LOVE IT!"). I never had a man boss before...well except for my former MCP who does have the womanly touch as well...he works for SKII now! I ve had more than 5 bosses who were Woman, ranging from successful and married, to being a single expat, to a family Woman to several career minded, single and driven Ladies! It was a pleasure working with them...each with different learning curves personally for me!

Then there is the Birdy Gang...back in the early teenagers days when I (and the only dude) was initiated into a group of 5 gorgeous ladies, taught me everything and anything there is to know about the decendants of Eve...they were my bestest friends at a very important phase of my life...growing up! I learnt to love thanks to one of them...I ve learnt how to handle special mood swings...and I ve learnt a lot about friendships from all of them! I love them all...still!


Plus, the many girls in my social circle! You re always beautiful...


Today is YOUR day ladies...HAPPY WOMENs DAY!

And I would like to take this opportunity to highlight something that had brewed for many years already, but only came to light to the blogosphere a few months back. This is the case of a former Malaysian Airlines Chief Stewardess, pregnant with her 3rd child, was forced to leave her job if she decides to carry on with the pregnancy. She gave birth to a gorgeous daughter, her 3rd...and Malaysian Airlines terminated her contract. Loosely, this national corporation cum heritage, is ADVOCATING ABORTION and OPENLY DISCRIMINATING WOMEN!


The brave woman, Audra Denise Atkinson Yew, is my cousin.

Follow the stories and case here at http://muststopthis.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Alliedmartster said...

Helllllloo,

Wow! thats one side of you I did notknow about!
I do agree with you, I never had problems with my ex boss (one of them) she was very supportive of my efforts, and gave me freedom to do things my way (of course the results came with it) many years later (about 7) I found out she was asking about me if I had a job (cos she had some vacancy in her dept).
I found out from her secretary, and that gave me a huge boost!

Enjoying Bonn?
I sent you an email, but no reply....
tonyyew@gmail.com

keep in touch..who knows we moght knock on your door one day!

alwiedersein