Monday, July 09, 2007

First ever German AIESEC conference & Justin Timberlake's Concert - Part 3 (finale of a 3 part series)

Mini Tarts: Again...wayyyyy too late for an update. By the way...am back home in Malaysia. More on that in the next postings.

June 8th-10th, Lueneburg (somewhere near Hamburg).

I finally was able to chair an AIESEC conference in Germany. Always wanted to do it simply cuz you re in AIESEC for darn long, you just wanna see how its like working for it in another country... and to simply increase my German friend base :) Always the selfish dude...oh yeah, if I do manage to inspire or motivate more than 1 people, that ll be a bonus! And of course, to show what we Malaysians are made of!

In short, it was definitely the MOST TOUGHEST chairing experience ever simply cuz I was working with people who have never know me before and thus, many expectations were brought into the mix. In contrast to chairing something in Malaysia or even Asia Pac, where people would already know you somehow and thus command a teeny bit of respect...here I have to build them all in the first day I met the trainers for ice breaking cum expectation setting. On top of that, it was harder too since much of the agenda was settled and the team selected already...so merely this "chair" role was purely of symbolic purposes...although that was changed as I did wanna assume a large amount of responsibility.

Nevertheless, I did get to know the team much better. They were such a big sport too...very open and direct with their feedback which i totally appreciated. Help eased up things on the opening day, then everything was presumably smooth sailing. The crowd was pleasing too (on the eye as well)...but I guess on lots of the trainers perspective, I could do much much better on the timing (what was I thinking, its Germany for goodness sake!). However...a question on do you wanna end things on time when conference mood is on a high or do you wanna begin sessions on time cuz the agenda says so...??? Tough pick, one has to make the decisions and usually not ALL will like it.

Sadly, this is the first conference I ve chaired where I went off knowing that delegates response was awesome to me, but cant be said for all the trainers. It was a gut feel...but hey, we all learn! It was definitely an eye opener for me...would love to do it again for sure! And am glad that the people I met there will be friends for life!

Heaps of pics can be seen here







J Timberlake's concert - 10th June

Me and Blondie Natasa were counting down the days to this event! Sadly, due to delayed trains right after the conference I had to miss the opening act by Natasha Beddingfield! DAMN!!
Nevertheless, arrived just in time for JT to open with FutureSex/Lovesound...the concert was a AMAZING, FANTASTIC and definitely ABOVE EXPECTATIONS!!! The best part was the surprise inclusion of Timbaland...he came!! Did a cool 30min solo as well!

The 2.5 hour spectacle was just simply of the hook!! The crowd was HUGE, although most of them were sitting (hello...who sits in a freakin concert man!).

JT did almost ALL his songs from his new album, some from his first effort and ONE from an N'Sync number!! No doubt Sexyback got the biggest cheers (it was the last song of his set, before an encore), but Nat was anticipating Cry Me a River while I was waiting for My Love. It was worth every euro of the ticket price (all 46 of it!!).

Cool thing was one of Timbaland's number had images of skyscrapers from around the world...and Petronas Twin Towers was there!! Woo hooo!!!

I didnt had soooo much fun in a concert before...and JT did it for me!





1 comment:

iluvtina said...

i know this is lame but u've been tagged! go to my blog now!