Friday, December 28, 2007

I am...

Typical of Chinese traditions (championed by my chinese half, my mum of course!), I was made to wait till midnight to pick the magic 4 digit! How? Ten pieces of papers depicting digits 0-9 are rolled in a jar. I will then jiggle the jar till a piece of paper drops out (miraculously only ONE always do). Do that for 4 times and voila...we're buying the number!!

Next was a rather peculiar one, my mum insisted that its a tradition...happening to me for the very first time! The prosperity infused tradition: Eat two boiled eggs! Well...I figured since the first meal as I turned 26 was nasi lemak (traditional and popular Malaysian food of rice cooked in coconut milk served with anchovies, nuts, chili paste and eggs), why not?? Prosperity hath come upon thee who ate two eggs...so they say!

Well...I am waiting! 2+6 = 8 (the most prosperous of all numbers in Chinese-dom). So its 2+6 = 2oo8. 28 is my birthdate...so I guess it ought to be a jolly good year! Bring it on...!

2 comments:

Pavlina said...

Hey Bonnie, the party-bathroom man :P
Congrats once again and see you soon!
kisses
Pavla

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.