Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Titz for tat...

Any one...and I mean EVERYONE in the English speaking world would have one thing in mind when you see a city named TITZ. And to top it off, it is situated just above Cologne!

Last Thursday the Local Committee of Bonn did some sort of Introduction Evening: where they introduce AIESEC to new members. In short promoting the cult that is AIESEC to unsuspecting minds...believe me, I bet YOU (fellow readers who are mostly AIESECers) were in that situation once! One noticeable difference from the last time I was there was the high amount of really fine looking would be members of the fairer sex! Hmmm...not too bad after all coming for this.

Upon the end of the evening was the usual chatting session, when a sweet, young, thing (I believe I am in the age where this is considered illegal in some parts of the world!) approached me. "Excuse me...are you Asian?", she asked. "Why...is it THAT obvious?!" I retorted. So it turned out that she studies Asian Science (is it that complicated that theres a SCIENCE about our continent??)...so apparently one of her topics include "How to spot an Asian?". What amazed me was how she studied Manderin for 2 years...so I began to mutter a few Manderin that I know since kindergarten...only to be embarrassed by how fluent she spoke! I must say it was a turn on too (i kid...)

Anyways...she also had a pendant with a Chinese character snuggly fit just above her cleavage...I couldnt stare but it did look familiar (the pendant dammit!). "I could stare to confirm my curiousity, but you ll have other ideas. What does your pendant mean?" I asked nonchalantly. "Oh...it means 'ai', for LOVE," she said excitedly! No wonder it was familiar...I used that character to design an AIESEC shirt before.

What happened after that was one conversation which I ll never, EVER FORGET!

Me: So...where are you from?
Her: Nah...you wont know it. Its a small town. (the usual answer I ll get cuz they think we foreigners are ignorant of local geography).
Me: C'mon...just try me.
Her: Well... its called Titz.
Me: (while trying to control my chokes of laughter...) Of course I know that place!!! It must be GORGEOUS, Titz!? (by this time you know where I am heading too..)
Her: Yeah...you know it?! It is BEAUTIFUL...!!
Me: I am sure...! You must show me your Titz...you know we can go there at cheaper rates (I meant the train of course)
Her: Sure...I can even drive you there! I dont take trains...I drive.
Me: Oh...you MUST drive me to see your Titz! So tell me whats soo beautiful about your Titz?
Her: Ohh...well, it has two castles, a river...
Me: (tears were rolling down...)
Her: Whats so funny? Dont laugh at my Titz...(and she proceeds to EXCLAIM loudly with hands out in the air and doing the "peace"sign-Asia Science taught her well)...I LOVE TITZ!!!!

..................

Ok...that was cute. Best laugh i had since a lonnggg time! I then asked her if she knows what "titz"/ tits mean...and she went..."Its my town!" I was shaking my head...
So after giving her a little lesson of Science of English Slangs...her face turned into a ripe tomato instantly!! She then pouted...and said, "In that case...I ll not show you my tits!"

Dont you love the English language...!

4 comments:

D said...

Aaaaahhhhahahahahaha :D

Classic!!!!

That's too funny to be true?!!

Irene said...

Whahahahah oblivious Germans! You gotta love them! Fooled by an Asian, you know she might use this as a topic for her thesis on Asian Science (I believe the more correct term is Asian Studies, at least in Holland). Great mate!!!

Hui Lin said...

omg...hahahahahahaha....it was so hard trying to hold back from laughing out loud reading this in my office! :P

Portuguese Tart said...

Gosch...and to think I was thinking should I or should I not post this rather 'sexist' story. Glad it made your day...all you girls!

Definitely made mine!

True story...I SWEAR!