Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15 - Steve Irwin Day

Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter



This time last year, on my usual BBC news surfing hour at work (did I just say HOUR??), I saw a headline that really gripped me as how a shocking news would! I had the hair on my back stand as I read in silence; "Crocodile Hunter killed"... those 3 words was chilling in itself!

It was on that day he was fatally stung by a jellyfish while doing what he does best, a wildlife documentary. It was one of the reasons why I loved the Animal Planet channel. A cocktail of wild Aussie accent which I totally love, zany personality and the passion he has for conserving the wildlife and environment...those were merely the few reasons why I, like many others totally loved (and still love) this khaki shorts wearing bloke! Further readings and testimonials show the other side of him, that of a loving husband and a dedicated father. Now thats a real MAN!

Its my 2nd last night here in Melbourne. News all over are featuring his wife and sooo darn cute kids reflecting on him. I guess me being here shows why this entry is rather significant.

Imagine him teaching God some Aussie slangs! And if only the Aussie icon knows how much he is loved world over...guess he just got one thing to say that...CRIKEY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

errrrr...........I think it's a stingray, not a jellyfish that kill Steve.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a barbed wired stingray NOT a jellyfish.

mann dee
AIESEC TUC