Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Funny la Manila (part i)

So the adventures of the unexpected consultant continues...this time bringing the Portuguese Tart to Philippines...again! Better yet...this time i am based in the office situated right smack in the "Bukit Bintang" area of Manila (Makati), unlike the Cheras of Manila (no disrespect to Cheras folks though :P)

I totally missed my business travels; the new country feel, different office environment, cultures and diversity...yes down to the hotels as well (ready made bed, privacy and luxury...the best that business trips can buy!). And its one thing going to the a country you ve been before...but going to a country which you totally love is another! Too bad not all shared the same excitement of heading to Manila though; cant blame them for thinking the recent typhoon and stereotypical fears of third world country / terrorism / random reasons which could cloud their expectations.

But whats there NOT to like about Philippines!?

I absolutely love the accent (not just happy looking like one, I take pride in speaking like one too!), the girls are the BEST LOOKING in South East Asia (I VOUCH for it!), I ve got heaps of good, dear friends from Philippines (mabuhay Jennie Lee, Liv, Amy etc shucks, all Pinoy girls)...but best of all the SMILES! You would bet that babies delivered are not crying out of the womb but laughing / smiling their way out...and probably tickling their mummies too! :D Or maybe thanks to Krispy Kreme they re always on a sugar high...hence the smile always! Yummsss....Krispy Kreme...but thats for another post!

(While typing this...a bunch of Pinoys whom I ve met while facilitating in an AIESEC conference in Taiwan wayyy back in 04 is planning to show me around this weekend...they re like the awesomest and sweetest!!)

We flew out on Sunday noon, after a long Saturday night beginning with my clients (s)IT(i) business unit's awesome possum of an annual dinner!

Now speaking of this annual dinner...that is deserving of a post by itself. Beginning with being totally impressed with the organization of the event (cant imagine the budget...they freakin gave out iMac's as lucky draw gifts, and thats not even the FIRST PRIZE!), right up to admiring the amazing percussion skills of my "sister that I never had" (Fizzy, project mate that got upset cuz I called her my "project mate" and not "friend" - you knw I love you Fizzy!) - how I love them drummer girls - , amazing live bands (all staffs yo...so much for thinking its a geek dinner) and super performances (capoeira, a number from Hairspray etc...again, all staffs yo!)

Not content with going there alone, I was lucky enough to have 3 gorgeous handbags for dates (read: DRIVER!).

The theme of the night was elements of white, made the night look pretty elegant and fancy!


Tart and his handbags, L-R - Pam, Mel and Stel. It was one night in hell!

Tart and handbags along with drummer girl going rum a pum pum

Arriving in Manila, the team (minus the Project Manager) quickly checked in and hit the shopping mall immediately! Adventure really began when all 3 ladies need to look for shoes (Pam being a Charles and Keith whore really did her research of that store located in the shopping complex near our hotel...hmmm, I wonder if she chose the hotel simply cuz its near that shop?!) So imagine Pam's frustrations realising after treasure hunting the whole complex only to realise the treasure location is under construction! Oh man the frust on her face was 100x worst than when one of her incompetent project manager asked her whats the plan of the project plan...for the 100th time!

Until the Tart have to save the day...in fine print it says the store (or whats left of the store) has shifted to the TEENS AND KIDS dept! Pam insisted that it ll NEVER be in the kids dept...but like the other shoe use to say...Impossible is Nothing...I doubly insisted of no harm checking it out, and lo and behold, with an area no bigger than my office cubicle, lay a few racks of shoes and boxes with the banner CHARLES & KEITH emblazoned across, I swore I saw Pam reached climax...multiple times! It took her 20mins to pick the ones she wanted and in the end she purchased two pairs! Even then...her face was still flustered with heat still emancipating from her cheeks!

Anyways I could definitely understand her relief and sighs of contentment. For one, I somehow have a little fetish on really great looking shoes WORN by women (need to emphasize so as not to confuse ppl that I enjoy seeing women wearing sexy heels, not ME wearing them!). Somehow I am sure it definitely allows women to showoff their hidden sexual charms. Somehow those shoes, with the right height on the heels and straps going around the right (not slutty) way, it just screams SEXY! And somehow I totally agree that mens best invention for women was and will always be the heels! So yes...although despite the lack of eye candies in office, the shoes maketh the best replacement! And yes...I do compliment Pam for wearing really nice pairs...so am glad I helped her achieve her feets insatiable appetite to look good!

Anyways...to end this little post, I would like to quote the HR Manager which welcomed us;


"I hope you get to know Manila, but dont let Manila know you..."

1 comment:

Fizzy Fizah said...

I'm still not happy with "Sister I Never Had" title. I insist it to be "Fizzy, the AWESOME FABULISTIC SO WONDERFUL THAT MATT CZUCHRY, ADAM BRODY, JASON ORANGE, AND JAMES MCAVOY SHOULD ALL MARRY HER sister I never had" thankyouverymuch!

Oh and I can just imagine the expression on Pam's face that you described... it's good that she finally got her shoes though. One can only shiver and imagine the wrath that will ensue in the workshop had she not gotten her C&K fix beforehand hehehe.