Thursday, July 03, 2008

Funny la Manila (part ii)

You know you re looking forward to tea breaks during workshops when they serve you this...


And forget your diet plans and gym routines here as the Pinoys claim that they re all about food in the Philippines!! Now tell me where havent I heard that before back home!

You think Germany is all about PORK?

BAH!! For our project dinner today we had knuckles AND one of the bestest, juiciest, lemakest BBQ pork I ve ever had for free! Pity our Malay team mate though, but one can understand that when a country doesnt govern the consumption of pork to just non Muslims...damn nearly every occassion you ve got them porkys! And bacons here really taste like bacon...ie made of PORK!

(I'd love to show pics but gotta respect them none porky eaters though)

Anyways I think my proficiency to understand sexual / dirty joke innuendos has gone a wee bit to an embarrassing level. Already I ve been noted for laughing at ridiculously simple lines / phrases for no apparent reason...except that upon further thoughts one can find some sexual connotations to it! Or maybe I think toooooo 'deep'...

And it doesnt help either that the person that came up with those brilliant lines will always claim innocence!! Damn it...and to think I laugh because I appreciate a good joke...albeit a dirty one (hey you know the best jokes are always the dirtiest!). Compliments sometimes result in ones detriment!

And so as I took the last slab of yummy bbq pork, I was asked to finish the knuckles as well. I rejected, owing to the fact that my stomach had no space left later for dessert! However one of the Pinoys from the workshop (and a funny one at that!) commented, "Ahh, so Bonnie likes the 'tender' one"...emphasizing on a word which could lead to thinking of something 'delicate', 'soft', 'affectionate', 'delicate' etc on a piece of meat! I laughed my hysterical laugh...brilliant joke I thought...only to be confronted by staring, accusing eyes! I defensively muttered "Cant I laugh...?" knowing I was a mouse trapped in a corner with 5 cats stalking me!

"You dirty minded boy!", accused the supposedly funny Pinoy. "But...but...I was just laughing...", I again defended myself, trying to shoot my last bullet only to know its an empty 'shell'.

"But you had a 'DIRTY' laugh!"

I bowed my head in defeat as I knifed my last piece of 'tender' pork...

No comments: